Although the Coronavirus surfaced in the U.S. in early 2020, it feels like we’ve been living with it forever… in our workplaces, homes and communities as well as in the media and on the internet. The Coronavirus is a serious disease, and healthcare workers are one of the groups that have the highest risk of infection. As a result, OSHA has created an “Emergency Temporary Standard” for healthcare facilities.
“COVID-19 in Healthcare Environments (OSHA’s Emergency Temporary Standard)” course discusses the requirements in the Standard, the latest in vaccine mandates, and how you can guard against infection.
Topics covered in the course include:
- The COVID-19 Plan and Required Precautions
- Physical Considerations and Administration
- The Coronavirus, Vaccination, Testing and Tracing
- Hand Washing and “Touch Discipline”
- Social Distancing and “Respiratory Etiquette”
- If You Think You’re Getting Sick
- Returning to Work During the Pandemic