A laboratory can be a dangerous place, but with the daily pressures to get things done, employees can be tempted to take shortcuts and ignore safety precautions. At the same time, with the increasing complexity of the equipment and procedures involved in experiments, employees need an even greater knowledge of safety practices that they may have had in the past.
All of the products… our original DVDs and full-length online courses as well as the new “Micro-Learning” and “Adaptive Learning” courses… discuss topics that are integral to employees’ understanding of these issues.
MARCOM’s “Laboratory Safety Series” shows both new employees and “seasoned veterans” the importance of safety in the laboratory. The programs review OSHA regulations, cover the use of specific equipment, and stress the importance of using good safety practices. The 12 programs in the series are:
- “Orientation to Laboratory Safety”
- “Safety Showers and Eye Washes in the Laboratory”
- “Flammables and Explosives in the Laboratory”
- “The OSHA Formaldehyde Standard”
- “Electrical Safety in the Laboratory”
- “Laboratory Ergonomics”
- “Laboratory Hoods”
- “Preventing Contamination in the Laboratory”
- “Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware”
- “Planning for Laboratory Emergencies”
- “Handling Compressed Gas Cylinders”
- “GHS Safety Data Sheets in the Laboratory”